Eye injuries are one of the most common types of injuries on the welding job. And in the case of arc flash–which you can get even if you turn your head away instead of wearing UV protection–the damage can accumulate over time. And even seemingly innocuous tasks can result in foreign material in your eye, so always use eye protection: goggles, safety glasses, or welding helmets.
Seek immediate medical care if:
• Any caustic chemical got into the eye.
• The eye is painful or red.
• The victim is experiencing headache or nausea.
• There are any vision changes such as blurriness or double vision.
• There is uncontrollable bleeding around or from the eye.
• There is a visible scratch, cut, or penetration of the eyeball.
In all cases:
• Do not press or rub the injured eye.
• Do not attempt to remove embedded foreign objects. Get medical attention immediately.
Experience the difference in working with a company that cares as much about their customers as they do about their projects. Contact us today for a free estimate.